Topic: Epiteron, does it exist? And why should we care? Tonight at 8.

Well today me an Dezgard put aside several hours of time to try and scan down the insanely exclusive Epiteron minerals. What we assumed would be a very hard to find but valuable mineral to acquire, turned into something very different... A fustration to find something that well...

[img]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5229/thereisnoore.jpg[/img]

Link for better picture. http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5229 … snoore.jpg

...as far as we can see, does not exist.

Now the real point here, is that either this ore is somehow not spawning, or the scanning charges for it are bugged, either way, for the time being there is no way to acquire this rare material needed to make many of the game's items.

Last edited by Blackomen (2009-11-10 04:41:07)

Re: Epiteron, does it exist? And why should we care? Tonight at 8.

Well, as it is rare and should be valuable and all, one would think it is also well defended. There are whooole other places you didn't look yet wink

(moved to balancing in case real problems arise after all)

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -- Bill Cosby

DEV Zoom wrote:

Well, as it is rare and should be valuable and all, one would think it is also well defended. There are whooole other places you didn't look yet wink

Ok so your saying it's either under a pack of 5 heavy mechs 3 miles from the stations... Or it's on a pvp/secret island. Either of which makes it suicide for anything less than a battalion of mechs to mine it.

Well glad to hear it's not bugged, sad to hear I'll be aquiring mine from recycling only then. sad

[img]http://i36.tinypic.com/14u800p.png[/img]

http://i36.tinypic.com/14u800p.png

Last edited by Dezgard (2009-11-10 05:28:47)

Don't make us scan the whole freaking thing. wink

Oh and apaprently one of the dev's said it's found on this island. At this point... I'm curious just where it is... I have actually done several scans in the middle of mech spawn areas, by using my alt to lure them away while I scanned, still nada.

Last edited by Blackomen (2009-11-10 05:33:13)

Tried in the water? Just a guess.

Last edited by Angel of Death (2009-11-10 12:39:49)

Ok so your saying it's either under a pack of 5 heavy mechs 3 miles from the stations... Or it's on a pvp/secret island. Either of which makes it suicide for anything less than a battalion of mechs to mine it.

You may think so now, but as a developer, if there is one thing to be learnt from other mmo games it's this: never underestimate what a bunch of witty humans can do to your sandbox game smile

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -- Bill Cosby

[00:27:05] <GM Mancs> i have to say, theres sooo little amount in daoden, that its useless to search for it.

"in daoden" is the key here...

Not doing another 12 hours scanning on two more islands... Just to find out you meant some secret dev island. roll

[img]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5309/bannerma.jpg[/img]

maybe its on daoden text on max out zoom lol

lol

The secondary islands are by no means secret tongue

DEV Zoom wrote:

lol

Ok if it's indeed on the secondary islands, do you have any idea how suicidal that would be to mine come launch or even open beta? If you have ever played Eve online, lowsec would be the closest thing to secondary islands. and almost noone ever mines there, it's suicide. (The ones that do get promptly killed and learn not to ever again.) It's a dedicated pvp zone. And epitron is not valuable enough to warrant the risk.

Blackomen wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

lol

Ok if it's indeed on the secondary islands, do you have any idea how suicidal that would be to mine come launch or even open beta? If you have ever played Eve online, lowsec would be the closest thing to secondary islands. and almost noone ever mines there, it's suicide. (The ones that do get promptly killed and learn not to ever again.) It's a dedicated pvp zone. And epitron is not valuable enough to warrant the risk.

Lowsec it's not. Closer to 0.0, IMO - and some people do mine in 0.0, though less so since the silliness of the drone regions.
In fact, it's even safer than 0.0 at the moment - no gates, no cynos and you can see who is coming, so no need to have sov and a cyno jammer in order to mine safely - have to be concerned about covert cynos there, as well.
If the epiteron is not vauable enough to you to take the risk, buy it on the market or refine it. If it becomes valuable enough on the market, it will be valuable enough to someone to go for it.

Last edited by Jonas Pharamond (2009-11-10 23:14:38)

Value is mostly determined by how hard it is to get.

Also, I hope you realize that you are disappointed because you can't get everything on the noob islands in the 3rd week of closed beta testing smile

Are you talking about the mineral EPRITON? I can't find a mineral called Epiteron or Epitron.

Sorry if this is a stupid mistake on my part, I just can't find that mineral here:http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Raw_materials

Last edited by Styx (2009-11-10 23:55:07)

Blackomen, luv your sig tongue

Edit: i can imagine that rare minerals take either missions or big corps to mine out. It will be possibly unbalanced and game-breaking, but right now i like the idea.

Last edited by Angel of Death (2009-11-10 23:56:15)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Value is mostly determined by how hard it is to get.

Also, I hope you realize that you are disappointed because you can't get everything on the noob islands in the 3rd week of closed beta testing smile

Your obviously correct in that it's determined by difficulty to acquire, (And of course also what it's used in making.) I'm not arguing this fact, my problem is that it's so much easier to acquire it through recycling than mining that I have nothing to compare the gap to for illustration.

Also I am indeed aware I'm disappointed I can't find it in beta on noob islands, so is everyone trying to acquire it for testing patents, items, manufacturing, refining, etc. (The very purpose of beta.) I in no way whatsoever see this as abnormal.

Edit: And yes I know I've likely spelled it wrong.

Last edited by Blackomen (2009-11-11 00:00:58)

When it was being discussed it with one of the devs in chat Monday (it was late-mid morning for me local, mid-afternoon GMT), didn't he confirm that it did exist on at least 2 of the 3 noob islands, just not where?

Last edited by Fumen (2009-11-11 00:27:03)

Fumen wrote:

When it was being discussed it with one of the devs in chat Monday (it was late-mid morning for me local, mid-afternoon GMT), didn't he confirm that it did exist on at least 2 of the 3 noob islands, just not where?

Yes it was confirmed to "exist". Now as you can see throughout the thread, while it exists, it's in such a small quantity that it's "quote: not worth looking for"

Last edited by Blackomen (2009-11-11 00:56:16)

It seems that a player found some on Daoden now. In a PvP zone. That place is gonna be a battlefield for epitron now.