Topic: mining module

why can't you equip two synthec or standard miner module on the arkhe or MKII bot, even if you take over all other equipement.
yet, you can have two standards (or more powerfull weapons) weapon, in the same time as many other modules.

I think the CPU consumption is too great for this modules.
even if you take the CPU reduction extensions.

haven't tested the harvesting modules yet.

Re: mining module

You can fit two standard miner modules. I've seen a lot of people doing it. They're balanced for all other robots if you look at the Argano, Termis and Riveler. If you're in an Arkhe you should get in an Argano on the same day you start if not the within the hour.

As far as I know all miners require Data processing to at least level 5 (Though I could be wrong) and the CPU mining laser reduction is only good when using the T4 modules. T2 modules are worth a look at and might not be too expensive on the market.

how about training some extensions? if i remember correctly, i have seen countless noobs with dual mining on arkhes.

Bunkerkind Anni wrote:

how about training some extensions? if i remember correctly, i have seen countless noobs with dual mining on arkhes.

That should have been in Arganos right?

Testing this last night on a new ICS agent on the MK2 and arkhe, with and without other modules.

I've even try to get some extensions to decrease the CPU usage.

Maybe a bug, maybe I was too tired to see my mistake tongue
I will make more test tonight.

Based Industry Character Arkhe:
109 CPU
132 Reactor

Syn-Tec Miner Module:
25 CPU
20 Reactor

Standard Mining Module:
40 CPU
30 Reactor

It is possible to fit two mining lasers but it will limit your other fitting choices. The repairer for example is expensive to fit and the geoscanner is too. It is possible to get two standard to fit, with a Lightweight frame and a geoscanner. The Arkhe are free to repair so you will be able to take a little damage walking the 1km to the mining location. By the time your cargo is full you'll probably not even be down to 50% health and that's IF anything follows you. Train extensions and fit a rep if you want to but that'll just drain your AP more.

I confirm some of my observations, but correct the main problem :

you can on a MKII put 2 standards mining modules but you can only doing so without others (or just with low CPU consumption)

why mining modules consume so much CPU in opposite to weapons ?
I think, it's a little unballanced at the moment.
If you can equip 2 weapons with others standard modules why can't you do the same with mining modules ?

Because with weapons there are other modules that requires a lot of fitting. The Mining robots and mining mechs are balanced to be able to easily fit a full load-out of their best mining laser or harvester. It requires CPU extensions but it's relatively easy. If you're just mining in the Arkhe, like I said:

It is possible to get two standard to fit, with a Lightweight frame and a geoscanner. The Arkhe are free to repair so you will be able to take a little damage walking the 1km to the mining location. By the time your cargo is full you'll probably not even be down to 50% health and that's IF anything follows you. Train extensions and fit a rep if you want to but that'll just drain your AP more.

They're balanced. But you're not meant to be mining in an Arkhe for very long. The Argano is a large step up in yield and cargo.