Topic: Extension Names / Descriptions

Some of the extension names are misleading with regards to what they actually do, or just oddly worded. Here are some suggestions, but keep in mind this is just my opinion.

Jamming electronics, Complex jamming electronics -->
     Electronic Jamming, Enhanced Electronic Jamming

Remote sensor amplification--->
     Remote Sensor Efficiency

Sensor connection --->
     Sensor Amplification

Missile launch, Complex missile launch--->
     Missile Launcher Operation, Advanced Missile Launcher Operation

General firing--->
     Turret Control

Target analysis--->
     Turret Calibration

Headhunter bonus -->
     Negotiation

Across the board everything needs to be capitalized like proper nouns. These changes will help the skills more accurately represent what they do, and the extensions will look overall more professional. Honestly it bugs me so much I'd be willing to do the work myself. wink

Last edited by Merrek (2010-10-30 08:37:48)

Re: Extension Names / Descriptions

i agree there - this is something that I wanted to be changed already for a long time.

but your suggesetion for "Target analysis" is a bit off...

“The truth is balance. However the opposite of truth, which is unbalance, may not be a lie.”
(Susan Sontag)
Forum Moderator

Target analysis--->
     Weapon Calibration

Alexander wrote:

Target analysis--->
     Weapon Calibration

It's not hard to equivocate on any of them. It could just as easily be "Improved" Electronic Jamming over "Enhanced". I simply used "Turret" because the bonus applies to turrets.

I'm glad we have some support to see these changes though!

Last edited by Merrek (2010-10-30 19:41:48)

Merrek wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Target analysis--->
     Weapon Calibration

I simply used "Turret" because the bonus applies to turrets.

It also applies to missiles. Thats why Turret Calibration is just not right smile

You, are correct. One of those sneaky diffrences between the Planner and the Game. (I'm also not any kind of substantial combat player)

I then fully accept Weapon Calibration as a superior choice big_smile

tbh this is mainly for people to lazy to read the info on the extension before they dump ep into it. but sure renaming a few of them would help these lazy people out

Please add more details to what an extension works for by listing the gear it works with. The vagueness in some of the optimized and economical extensions is frustrating. No one wants to put points into an extension then realize it didn't do what you thought it was going to. Also the weapon use extensions could take another read over, you shouldn't have to go to the message boards to figure out if an extension works for a certain weapon type. Example: critical hit extension. No where in the description does it say what weapons it works with. Target Analysis is a prereq and works with turrets and missiles, so you might be lead to assume it works with both, but it should say.
Seismics is another one that needs some clarification. It should say something like decreases explosion radius, doing more damage to targets with a hit size smaller than your explosion radius, but does nothing to targets larger than your explosion radius.

Merged the two topics -

Its already been dealt with this. After next Patch the descriptions will contain links to the more detailed Help.

“The truth is balance. However the opposite of truth, which is unbalance, may not be a lie.”
(Susan Sontag)
Forum Moderator