Topic: Payment type for eastern europe

For Perpetuum Developers:
There is a large eastern Europe community in the game. This community also wants to play after release. An i consider that for eastern Europe players payPal is very weird way to pay. You can loose many of yours potential customers, if you dont implement WebMoney payments.
http://www.webmoney.ru/eng/developers/i … ndex.shtml

P.S.
If you need help about it, feel free to ask. I have experience with webmoney payment implementing and asp.net server.

Re: Payment type for eastern europe

Hi,

this is also true für western europe.
I am not going to use a billing system (like paypal) where I have to give away confidential data (like my creditcard or my bank account).
If you can't offer Gametimecards I would suggest http://www.clickandbuy.com/WW_en/payment/index.html, where you can use an e-wallet.

Dear developers,

I'm from eastern Europe too and I can not use PayPal. Also eastern European players may have some difficulties with credit card payments (often their cards are not accepted worldwide).

There are very many Russian speaking players in Perpetuum (sometimes even more than a quarter according to chat channels but usually a bit less) and I believe that only few of them have PayPal account. On the other hand, WebMoney http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebMoney is very popular among such players. It is 'clear' payment system which is not blackened by any authorities and I hope that you will implement it.

I hate paypal.

PayPal was a bad idea. It's great for the 12 to 25's who ebay and have children bank cards but for a lot of people it's just a pain. Issue being that your pay-pal system requires a log in rather than just entering details.

An alternate system needs to be provided.

+1

+2

/signed

I think they can accept international credit cards through PayPal.Anyway, more means of payment can't be bad.

Alexander wrote:

PayPal was a bad idea. It's great for the 12 to 25's who ebay and have children bank cards but for a lot of people it's just a pain. Issue being that your pay-pal system requires a log in rather than just entering details.

An alternate system needs to be provided.

I was pretty sure that PayPal changed their feature or added in the feature so you can pay with credit cards without having a paypal account.

But, I agree more options for payment would be good.

Perpetuum Community Wizard Guy!
For beginning video tutorials please visit: http://gremrod.wordpress.com
Perpetuum Short stories: http://perpetuumfiles.wordpress.com/ Written by me.

Please, allow us to use typical international Credit/Debit Cards like VISA/MasterCard. All online games use that as normal way of payment.

+1 to webmoney

We're in the process of considering / applying for / implementing / etc. more options, but you have to understand this stuff takes time. (PayPal is notably both widespread and easy to apply to.)

Until then, well, I'm sure everyone can find a friend who has a PayPal account, or find some other workaround to the problem.

Also, feel free to post your suggestions on what you would consider as a workable payment service provider.

These are not the drunks you are looking for.

Some ppl like webmoney, but ability to pay with VISA/MasterCard is the best.
As I remember, some small games, I was playing, was redirecting from their web site to some 3rd party web and there I've typed CC info and they charged my card. I don't remember exact names, but I think some one around know it better?

Paypal -  bad!
Yandex money good)
webmoney normal/

Yandex Money is good but it is local payment system dedicated for Russia. There isn't even English version of their web-site.

WebMoney is popular not only in Russia but in CIS-states, Georgia, Baltic states etc. It has well-documented API as well as ready to use libraries for your web-site. How to attach WM to your web-site - http://www.wmtransfer.com/eng/merchants/index.shtml

if they add WebMoney, it will be at least some way to buy the game. Since paYpaL means I can't buy it at all. :-( And thats disappointing.

Dixi

PS I'd like to see traditional VISA/Master cards in payment options, and I think it's not hard to add, since there are a lot of providers. Just searching web gives a lot of references like www.rbsworldpay.com, www.sagepay.com, www.ipaydna.biz and many many others. I think it will take just a few days to pick one, if you know what you doing.

PayPal is.. meh. I never deposit any money there, just use it to pay for stuff because I have no other means, so my account is less likely to be frozen for them to hold on to the money. I don't have a CC because the few times I need it don't seem to outweight the fees to get one (over here anyway).

Then when there was a conflict with my account, they placed limitations and took away some payment methods avaialbe for me, though they persistently claim they haven't which I call BS - because of one incident in what now, 7 years?

Anyway, in other cases I'd prefer ELV (Elektronisches Lastschriftverfahren,  electronic direct debiting scheme), maybe rather giroPay, but both are regionally bound.

Maybe SEPA direct debit will bring some more widespread direct debit payment methods for customers and companies alike in Europe?

I don't just embrace insanity. I feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

I vote for webmoney.
I hope they will add this option before the release, for the sake of those who are not able/ don't want to use paypal.
I have nothing against PayPal, but they simply do not allow the citizens of some countries to register or to use their system (although they would like to, i think).
I'm still looking for a possibility to get an early acccess.

/signed
1. pay via visa/mastercard
2. webmoney
3. yandex.money
4. SMS-payment

I vote for webmoney.

/signed
1. pay via visa/mastercard
2. webmoney

Google checkout, I use it to pay for a couple of subscriptions

I was about to pre order early release 3 copies for myself, wife and friend but due an issue with paypal in the past I refuse to do so.

Even, as I am not from eastern Europe I wwill not pay by Paypal. I will not make an account at Paypal, so if you don't want to loose some players like me find a different payment method.

giropay is quite convinient or credit card or "Lastschrift" (Germany) or click and buy

Please find something else or my time with Perpetuum end on the 16th.

they are killing their own game and might as well fold up shop if they don't have a DIRECT credit card purchase for subsriptions PRIOR TO the 16th.  Otherwise.. they will have no revenue.... i am sure people have no problems with paypal, but many many do. 

EVERY OTHER GAME ON THIS EARTH ALLOWS FOR DIRECT PAYMENT VIA CREDIT CARD... SO WHY WHY WHY WOULD THE DEVS COMPLETELY RUIN THEIR REVENUE SOURCE BY BEING SO DARN CHEAP...... AND NOT ALLOW DIRECT PURCHASE.

i dont want to login to paypal everymonth to buy a freakin token then have to login to apply said token, nevermind that paypal is the focus of thousands of hacker attempts and scams... seriously.. what were you devs thinking not to have this setup and planned ahead months ago before announcing a launch.... sorry if i am being rude, but this is amateur hour at best.... (before you devs get pissed i love your game though tongue)  just please get this figured out asap like tomorrow or dont plan on having a successful game.. the word of mouth will get out and many potential customers will just walk away.

sorry...