Topic: Best. Idea. Ever.

Since the change in market seeds of NPC robots, I've found myself more and more engaged with production. Not just new challenges (Although there are those) but also figuring out what products will be profitable, increased competition in commodities markets, and successfully making new business partners part of the beta experience.

I must say, the experiment is successful to me 100%. Not so much as in how it is limiting, but in how much content was really added by it.

Without commenting on any negatives, I am focusing on how the change improved my interest in becoming a producer. As a producer, it forced me to find distributors of the commodities I need. And it gave me products that have value, that were desired by others, and gave me rapport with other player groups that purchase from me.

I did not expect to find this higher level of satisfaction in the beta. Even if it is just a temporary experiment, it really engaged me to overcome the initial difficulties and solve the tasks presented by it.

Looking past the complaints, is there anyone else who can share similar experiences since this change? I'm looking for any story or opinion that is optimistic or positive regarding the change. There is already a thread for negative ones. tongue

<Kwitch> I tried to RE Epriton. The game lol'd @ me.
<Siddy> i hope your brains go enouhght processing poweres to realise the problem
<Socrates> ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα / "The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing"

Re: Best. Idea. Ever.

I agree. Most people know that I am a miner, and theres nothing more I enjoy than seeing corpmates and friends light up, when I can loan the a large amount of minerals so they can get their lines going. There has been an increase in activity by the industrialists in my corp, and its refreshing to see. People log on with goals, to create bots to feed into the market, and in doing so, make a pretty penny.

Since the npc seeds have stopped, I have witnessed my own corp working more efficiently together, and it is imo an all round more enjoyable experience.

Agreed with Gloryhole, that improved the interaction between the players and gave more goals to a lot of players.
By being a miner my services are now more required, and i discovered a new bellow the radar market, now i just need to wait till i can improve even more my skills to mine more efficiently.
Now they just need to improve the mining process to make it more satisfactory(less boring) big_smile

>)

Hevn wrote:

Agreed with Gloryhole, that improved the interaction between the players and gave more goals to a lot of players.
By being a miner my services are now more required, and i discovered a new bellow the radar market, now i just need to wait till i can improve even more my skills to mine more efficiently.
Now they just need to improve the mining process to make it more satisfactory(less boring) big_smile

>)

Have you made any suggestions on how they can make the mining less boring as you put it?

Perpetuum Community Wizard Guy!
For beginning video tutorials please visit: http://gremrod.wordpress.com
Perpetuum Short stories: http://perpetuumfiles.wordpress.com/ Written by me.

I got none, Im sure if there was one everyone agreed upon it would be in by now. Not the easist thing to do, and many games struggle with it.

Agree too.
Now we starting to have interesting market, it's much more sense to mine (cos mechs cost a lot of resources) and even old rich corps have a few new targets to reach.

In general - profit of industrial corps raised good and they can concentrate on research/produce more interesting items.