Topic: Possible Hacks?

Ok Im not too certain, but better safe than sorry. Wasnt sure where to put this, but today a corp mate spotted a bloke leaping across his screen, about 20 minutes later I noticed the same. Different people, but both accounts were fresh 0.00 times. Im not going to post the name unless a GM asks, but what is the protocol for this. I admit, I know nothing about hacking, or doing anything like that, but this did not seem like lag. I myself, can lag quite alot, and I have seen Kwitch try to travel long distances (quite funny to watch), and in both cases, you dont get from point A to B as quickly as this guy was.

Happened near the Fort Dennerth 1. Station

Time Stamp:
2211 - 08 - 02   
07:10

Re: Possible Hacks?

It does sound a lot like what happens to me when my ISP is throttling my bandwidth (We're talking 5 kbps max speed).

I move somewhere, then I teleport backwards, then I hae to sit and watch as I slowly teleport forward to where I was before I 'rubberbanded' back to where I started.

It's a frustrating waiting game, but it's better than zero perpetuum.

<Kwitch> I tried to RE Epriton. The game lol'd @ me.
<Siddy> i hope your brains go enouhght processing poweres to realise the problem
<Socrates> ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα / "The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing"

Update, Copr mate, Xelium has just spotted another account by the name of "ggh" doing the same thing. Close to the original "hghg" that I saw. I wasnt going to post the names, but names like these are very suspect themselves, and will hopefully get a dev to look into them quicker. Both accounts were also not in the Help channel.

I might not ov been clear enough in the OP, these guys dont move forward then backward, like you do Kwitch, they leap, quick enough that when HGHG went past me, I had about 4-5 seconds to catch his name (on my scanner).

Record (fraps) it? Or they might have been warned by now and lay low.

Its sad but reality that even now players are trying to find out all possible exploits they can in order to gain.

Ah, okay then.

Yeah, my teleporting doesn't get me anywhere faster, it's much slower lol

<Siddy> i hope your brains go enouhght processing poweres to realise the problem
<Socrates> ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα / "The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing"

GM/dev alts

Grow up or die

MadGelo wrote:

GM/dev alts

this.

Nearly every instance they will have been created within minutes of you seeing them, and they are simply going from the starting spawn to where they need to be.

Well I talked to one and the conversation went like this...

<me> Hey dude are you there??
<HGHG> Yeah
<me> Are you lagging or something???
<HGHG> Yeah dude my ping is like 2000

Now if I was a hacker, first of all I would claim ping to be what was causing everyone that saw me to be zooming across the screen. Hence why I asked him that. As I know full well that in my experience a high ping does not cause your avatar to behave like that.

So I would probably have a better frame of mind knowing that a dev/gm has seen this, then can verify whether or not this was one of them. If so, why would a Dev/GM tell me he was lagging and yet still travelling so quickly?

was it an arkhe, or was it the white dev bot?

seems simple enough..

I thought it was an arkhe, but honestly the thing zoomed by. There really isnt much players speculating can do though sad   Just posted this to keep the game's community solemn and innocent.

We're aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

Sweet as mate, just wanted to give as much Information as I could to be any assistance. In future if we notice things like this what is your preferred protocol?

Speedhacking exists, already reported/frapsed some (gj Blackomen). These were not GMs/DEVs. Some of the hackers are these dumb to join the corporation where their main is; As far as we have seen, these were mostly russians.

Current purpose: higher assingment missions done within minutes.

Last edited by LatscherX (2010-08-02 15:58:40)

saw one on Daoden character name 'Bain'. Pretty sure its a hack. or thats the most interesting lagg I've ever seen.

Bain was still zooming around 4pm UK time today.

Yep, hes known/reported/frapsed

LatscherX wrote:

As far as we have seen, these were mostly russians.

Why doesn't this amaze me?

How you have learnt that it was Russian?

Steel Frost wrote:

How you have learnt that it was Russian?

Because they join the predominantly Russian corp.

Well then it is finite. Conclusive argument. To me even it nothing to tell. Forgive for suspicion in dishonesty.

For usages speedhack though what be punishment it is necessary? People skipping in a sight as jet fleas have already bothered. Because of them throws all around. This program influences not only the owner, but also on all who sees this player. Thus the victim can be in a random way thrown under police towers. Or you to me will order to have always included fraps? All corporation M2S is accused by players of my corporation for abusing knowledge of holes of game! I demand to accept execution!

There is co-ordinate a desynchronisation of co-ordinates of characters. It has simply bothered!
They use in fight all bags which find, or learn from other players. After that offend associates.

I declare! You noobs!! Moral ugly creatures!

The information for all. We have killed them some times. And bags to them have not helped.
M2s can even answer nothing it. I will not argue.

Last edited by Steel Frost (2010-08-06 19:32:46)

Steel Frost wrote:

For usages speedhack though what be punishment it is necessary? People skipping in a sight as jet fleas have already bothered. Because of them throws all around. This program influences not only the owner, but also on all who sees this player. Thus the victim can be in a random way thrown under police towers. Or you to me will order to have always included fraps? All corporation M2S is accused by players of my corporation for abusing knowledge of holes of game! I demand to accept execution!

There is co-ordinate a desynchronisation of co-ordinates of characters. It has simply bothered!
They use in fight all bags which find, or learn from other players. After that offend associates.

The information for all. We have killed them some times. And bags to them have not helped.

Direct translation: Hoorah, M2S is great! Hoorah, M2S is great! Hoorah, M2S is great!

translation: Russians acuse M2S for hacking, because they are incompetant.

Also, M2S lol at them.

Offensive signature. - DEV Zoom

Rawr, fear my signature.

Steel Frost wrote:

Absolute ***. The only 'hole' is in your head.  And don´t even dare to talk about desynchronisation. Desynch would cause people to rubber band back and not go with like 1000kph through the map. 

I have still ALL chat logs from russian chat channel where you guys laugh about the devs and call them idiots and discuss how to hide hacking better. Should i post them you little ***? Really? do you want this? To see all the conversations of you and your little comrades about cheating on this forum?

@Zoom: don´t dare to edit my post. This is the level the guy pulls us down to. He shall be treated the same.

My people never responded about DEVs badly! Because, except me from the face our corporation nobody communicates with them!
We work for the blessing of development of game! And you use all possible bags for own pleasure, thus offending players and testers.
Siddy asked us as or where to get speedhack. And I have not lifted it in talk only because have not guessed to make scrinshot.
This evening Siddy moved on our territory jumps.
Today your guys because of speed have not noticed as have flown in police allowed band with Agro a flag. What is it? Curve hands, or inept usage of the program speedhack? All who you sees in a fighting situation some days cannot normally include units successively or move. These are usage symptoms speedhack in visibility limits of players. I too know for a long time this program. Among us is much GMs from other games. We have an experience. But it is very a pity that we cannot erase your accounts on items the insult of players
To a racial tag and usage of errors of game in the purposes.
I test game, instead of I am engaged in catching of criminals. Now the casual character of my corporation will always include fraps at dialogue or collision with M2s.

Today yours was already three. And everyone has died of a by-effect of the piracy program. It is necessary to know that you use!
And that so when be also arsenic will eat instead of bananas!

As it used a pulling of our players from under policemen of towers. The way is unknown to me. The player has contacted GM but to it have told - It PvP, it is not necessary to complain!

So was three times for this week! And always with your corporation! Coincidence?
You became too high opinion on. You not gods! You kill? Learn to play and not to climb on Russian!

Last edited by Steel Frost (2010-08-06 21:54:31)