Topic: Considered or Not? My ideas.

Here are a few things I'd love to see in game and I wonder if any have been or are being planned.

#1. Incremental skill increases.
I know the game is based on time for leveling, but it would add a certain level of additional accomplishment if through the use of various skills or actions in game, we could attain an accumulating bonus. Like in Ultima Online, the more you swing your sword, you get .1 increase etc. Something like this in addition to the general main skill gains I think would increase activity in game as well.

Maybe the more you use missles, the less CPU power you need to use them. Things like that.

#2. Custom Bots.
It would be amazing if there was a way to build your own dream bot Pen and Paper Battletech style in game. You get a certain number of points to start with and the modules, weapons etc would take away from those points. I'm sure the devs have a system from which they created these initial bots for the game. Just translate that system to in game and let us run wild with it. Would REALLY separate this game from EVE. Could add a whole new skill line to the game as well. The higher your skills in various mods, the more weight or points you would get to work with. This would also really separate career bot builders from carbon copy manufacturers. You could have another skills line dedicated to blueprint drawing and then sell the plans to other users.

#3. Territory Wars
Big one. If a corp owns a territory, their corp would make revenue from people mining on it automatically...or a percentage of what is mined/harvested goes to the owning corp.

#4. Corp Emblems on Bots
Self explanatory.

#5. Corp stock offerings.
Buy shares of stock in a corporation for potential revenue gains.

#6. Robot Arena
For 1 on 1 tournaments, based on class. Could be rented by corps to hold contests. The highers the rental rate the more contestants. Corps charge a competition fee and offer other prizes.

#7. Drop Ships
Effective for corps, make them a corp wide investment that takes a long time to build. Used in territory wars. 3 classes of ships, 3 bot, 6 bot and 9 bot ships. They would act as stations but send you to any station you wish. Would be nice.

That's all for now.

Re: Considered or Not? My ideas.

"You have gained 0.001 in efficient weapon usage!"

No.

Custom bots: I think thats been discussed.  Choosing what parts your bot has for legs, body, etc.  Not sure if it will make it in game.  Also been talk about probably having corporation paint jobs.

1)  No.  This will just encourage botting and grinding.  That's the whole reason Perpetuum doesn't use that system.

2) already discussed and there are some plans for certain things to be customizable in the future.

3) Already planned for release.

4) see #2

5) how exactly do you propose that this would work?  What would determine a corp's stock price?  Who sells it, and to whom does one sell it?

6) Tournaments have already been planned and executed.  Use the search function.

7) Already discussed.  Use search function.

Oh Thanto, how I love a cocky smartass.

Last edited by Jason Appleton (2010-07-07 18:59:44)

Jason Appleton wrote:

It's funny because, there is no search function.

LOL

Last edited by Styx (2010-07-07 19:00:49)

Styx wrote:
Jason Appleton wrote:

It's funny because, there is no search function.

LOL

In before edit pwned.

/lock, goldmine.

Gotta LOL at the reply too. Jeez Thanto, know what you're talking about before you make a post!....

...Oh wait...

Jason Appleton wrote:

If a corp owns a territory, their corp would make revenue from people mining on it automatically...or a percentage of what is mined/harvested goes to the owning corp.

To create an immersive, player influenced virtal world it is one aspect to step back from automated game mechanics. I take it that you can only own land on beta islands and that effectively enables a corp to decide who gets to mine on their lawn and for what price and who is not, by blowing them to smithereens of course.

Jason Appleton wrote:

#5. Corp stock offerings.
Buy shares of stock in a corporation for potential revenue gains.

5) how exactly do you propose that this would work?  What would determine a corp's stock price?  Who sells it, and to whom does one sell it?

In real world stock trading there are a few versions of Limited companies, but for the sake of simplicity, I would consider only one kind. Usually the price and amount of shares is determined by the corporation's net asset value and the minimum price per share (e.g. 1,00 whatever currency).

The NAV could be determined by a fixed base price of each item, I'm uncertain how you could do that otherwise in a realiable fashion. If you'd take average prices from the market it's prone to exploitation because everyone could just put up ridiculous buy and sell orders.

For example if your ingame corporation has a net asset value of 2 billion NIC and the minimum price per share was 1,000 NIC enforced by game mechanics, you could at max issue 2 million shares. You keep 51% and issue 49% to the open market and their worth raise and drop with the corporations net asset value.

Dividens could be paid out at the corporation's convenience, it's just some way to amass capital as investments. Stock trading is a risk for both parties, corporation and stockholders.

Stock trading could be done in a seperate interface similar to the market, working as the stock exchange. Contrary to Steve's approach where the CEO has to give away shares manually. That is, if the game designers think that stock trading of player corporations fit into the game.

Last edited by Ulviirala (2010-07-13 23:28:55)

I don't just embrace insanity. I feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.