Topic: Guide to mining and harvesting v1.0

After working as the mining director for the E-corp syndicate i have come to learn much through trial and error as much as from the experience of others. This comprehensive guide is made for easy viewing and finding of information. Charts help guide you along skill sets and refineing while visuals help you see precisesly what the guide is talking about in game.

As this game is evolving so shall this guide expect new versions in the future.

This guide is brought  to you by E-corp

[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/344b91h.jpg[/img]

The pdf can be downloaded Here

You can also view individual pages here:
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16

Last edited by DEV Zoom (2010-07-08 15:48:45)

Re: Guide to mining and harvesting v1.0

Very nicely done. Most of it I already knew but the last page will be very useful.
Some great work here. Many thanks!

oh, nice guide, but really, two things to note:

1. most important extension for miner and harvester are "efficient Mining" and "efficient harvesting" -> lowers AP consumption per cycle.

2. second most important extension: advanced robotics.
Each rank in that will lower you cycle time AND raise ammount per cycle for harvesting AND mining, if you use Termis and Gargoyle.

after that, you can raise individual extensions.... and using the right bot makes a difference...

last but not least, you could mention somewhere the difference between liquid and solid ores when it comes to mining them.

I found a lot of typo's and blatant grammatical errors in the first paragraph.  I'm sure its quite interesting and helpful to noobs, but I'd do some spell checking and *** before plastering your name all over it and having it look all fancy.

Just sayin.

Neoxx wrote:

I found a lot of typo's and blatant grammatical errors in the first paragraph.  I'm sure its quite interesting and helpful to noobs, but I'd do some spell checking and *** before plastering your name all over it and having it look all fancy.

Just sayin.

Indeed i noticed them too after i had made the pdf,i figured id just fix those with the next release. Also making it look nice didnt take too long so i can always go back and fix things or make them nicer.

Also thanks for everyones inputs for this.

Great job, not only the content, but the artistic job you did on your presentation ^^

Great job pentences, looks amazing, and useful information

GM/DEV /MODERATORS?  wheres teh gluey

Last edited by Gambit (2010-06-22 16:27:19)

Great guide, very helpful. Looks great too. Thanks pentence.

As always, "that weaboo geek" Pentence strikes home with his excellent guide.

Nice job Pentence, wonderfull guide.  I am just starting out mining, and this was a great help.

This should be stickied,  DEV's..........:D

Main: Jethro
3 alt accounts:
Blitz/Judge

Very nice. Good job!

Perpetuum Community Wizard Guy!
For beginning video tutorials please visit: http://gremrod.wordpress.com
Perpetuum Short stories: http://perpetuumfiles.wordpress.com/ Written by me.

Awesome job,  had it all right from fiddling around myself bar the whole, it will show as a grid on my screen thing...

Do i need to click anything for that? 

Ie, ive had an area scan return there's 6% titanium in an area, i did a tile scan next but failed to see any sort of grid?    I was targeting random tiles and trying to mine them for a bit sad

Be sure to bring up the scan window then slsect the tile scan tab (the tab on the right) and then check the box off fo the tile scan ya just did. Then an overlay of the titles that have that particular ore should apaear.

This is outlined in pg 7 of the guide.

Last edited by Pentence (2010-07-09 05:18:19)

Very impressed with your guide Pentence. Thank you. And don't forget to proofread (like your harvesting paragraph) for your next version.

Thanks for the effort.  Just an FYI, when I try to download the PDF my antivirus says it contains malware.

Edit - *** Warning ***  The PDF link above goes to an infected site.  I ended up with 2 rootkits and another 10 viruses/trojans after going there.

Last edited by Ironclad (2010-07-08 15:19:05)

Ironclad: uh, just don't click anywhere you're not supposed to? smile Those sites use to have nasty banners, that's true.

Anyway, I hosted the file on our site and edited the OP, I hope he doesn't mind. Also linkified the images cause that was a bit heavy.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -- Bill Cosby

Thanks for fixing this.

All I did was click on the download button to download his PDF, nothing more.  I got a lot more than nasty banners.  My system is hosed and Windows firewall has been disabled and will not work even after a System Checkpoint Restore from yesterday.

Zoom thanks for that i spose ill have to let ya know when the next one is ready big_smile

Last edited by Pentence (2010-07-09 05:25:38)

Sure, just post the new one and I'll update it.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -- Bill Cosby

Me too - I tried to download the PDF and got the following error message:

"The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

Do you have a text version as well please?

Many thanks for the good work!

I've had the same message but right-clicking the link, saving it locally and then open it works for me, the file is quite big.

I don't just embrace insanity. I feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.