Topic: A guide to making money from day 0

This is a short guide showing the way I made money and how to do it. There may be better ways and its not exactly exiting but it seems profitable in comparison to other ways.

First: do this with two alts but NOT your main

Second: on these two alts train Basic Parallel Assignments

Move these chars to Asintec Alpha Terminal

Strip your Arkhe so that it has only a light frame and geo scanner

Accept the Geology Assignment missions "Cyrus" and "Luna"

Load 50 HDT and trit area scanning charges

Travel to your scan site making sure you activate your scanner BEFORE you get there for maximum efficiency. With practice you will be able to tell when this is. As your scanning switch your scanning type to the other mission ready to start scanning as soon as this one is complete.

Doing this you should be able to complete two missions for 40k every 6 minutes with ease.

400k NIC per hour for a brand new char.

Re: A guide to making money from day 0

go to attalica, kill nimqual drones

they die fast and quick

each standard light em gun sells for 30k each,

trash standard light auto cannons

full cargo hold  = about 400k

takes 15mins with a brand new char,less with a tiny bit of skill even less time

then look around for nano yagles, i belive they are called thunder or something, these are very weak as they have light weight frames fitted and are rather fast, making fishing (standing at the edge of their spawn and draging 1 at a time) a very quick and efficiant process, easy cash will ensue

Training skills on other characters = bad. Only spend EP on 1 character.

-Create your main character and 2 alts on the same account.
-Sell everything you can on 2 alts and send all the money to your main.
-Fit 2 auto cannons on your arkhe and accept the police assignment mission. Kill Arkhes until you have 2 standard light auto cannons. Unload at the base if you get full before hand.
-Fit your 2 light auto cannons and continue killing Arkhe's until you have about 800 ammo.
-Now you've got 800 ammo go kill the Pelistal/Nuimqol/Theldoica drones.
-In a short period of time you'll have enough money to buy your first light assault bot.

TIP: Do not sell the light auto cannons, recycle them and sell the materials. Unless someone has put a very high buy order up for auto cannons.

Last edited by Styx (2010-06-21 12:20:42)

^That is what you should be doing.

or just ask styx for NIC, that should get you into your first light bot

Nagrhia wrote:

or just ask styx for NIC, that should get you into your first light bot

+ 1

Styx wrote:

TIP: Do not sell the light auto cannons, recycle them and sell the materials. Unless someone has put a very high buy order up for auto cannons.

this is one of the most useful concepts a new player will learn,

you should get 3 times more when recycling them then selling them stright, the people buying them will buy them for this reason too,

also standard light auto cannons are usually in perfect condition, that means you can stack them while in your bots cargo hold

Gambit wrote:
Styx wrote:

this is one of the most useful concepts a new player will learn,

you should get 3 times more when recycling them then selling them stright, the people buying them will buy them for this reason too,

also standard light auto cannons are usually in perfect condition, that means you can stack them while in your bots cargo hold

this is wrong, u get more money recylcing only if u have recycling skills high enough. Altough is a waste of materials and money.

Official Italian Translator.
Italian Translation Status so far: 90.92%

No, sometimes you'll sell the materials for more even though you have no recycling skills. It just depends on the item.

What worked for me, keep killing those Drones (fast kill) with the light autocannons. Sell the kernels (unless you use them), sell the small miner modules and recycle data consoles and light autocannons and sell the materials. Recycling with standard recycling extension gives about 1,5 to 2 times worth then selling.

My theory:
Kill: Drones
Sell: Kernels (optional), small mine modules, recycled mats
Recycle: light autocannon, data consoles

This way you have a light robot pretty easy.

Last edited by Zandkip (2010-06-25 12:38:56)

Is it possible for miners with the current system to earn as much as shooting crosses?:/

No one ever defended anything successfully. You sons of b@#*hes are going to attack, attack and attack some more!

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no, at least if you're talking about pure NIC. If you're talking commodities for manufacturing though, mining's much quicker.

currently in game , comdoities and assets have a very undefined nic value,

in my personal opinion a miner has alot more income from mining, but its value in nic is debatable

Mining to manufacture is reasonable. Mining to mine is... a last resort.

Last edited by Styx (2010-06-26 19:53:51)

Styx wrote:

Mining to manufacture is reasonable. Mining to mine is... a lost resort.

Perhaps you Mean a lost Cause? Or maybe a Last resort?

Last edited by Logz (2010-06-26 20:06:47)

How do you transfer items to your other pilots?
Only way i've found is to buy a field container and be logged in the same place. Is there another way?

What was said was to sell your ammo from a new character, and transfer all of your money to you main (40k + 800 ammo worth).

Theres no need to transfer the items from a noob character to another. 

The only good way to transfer from 2 alts is through a corporation storage, or a field container if you're quick about it and can remember the code tongue

Havent had any problems transferring between my two chars. Made one fighter and one engineer, though not sure if it's going to be worth doing on a single account long term. At least not without making my own corp.
Couple questions though:
Can you invite someone to a corp that is offline? (like for an alt)
Also how do you transfer the money to your alts? i didnt see a way to attach anything to mails, like items or money.

To give money to someone who is offline, search for them (or look in corp list if you're in one), right click their name, and select "Transfer Funds" or something like that.

You cant send items unless they are online and in the same terminal.

Shadamehr wrote:

Can you invite someone to a corp that is offline? (like for an alt)

You can't but it works the other way around. Apply to the corp with that other character and then accept the application with the one in the corp.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -- Bill Cosby

Duh, /bonkself. Should have thought of that, thanks Zoom. That will make transferring between my two much easier lol Assuming creating a corp isnt mega expensive =P
Ok, so 250k for the creation of a corp, is there any additional cost for making corporate storage? Be nice to know before i drop the newbie corp and dump the 250k. Or any extension i need for that? (didn't see anything except the 3 that add more member totals)

Last edited by Shadamehr (2010-08-28 07:23:12)

lol woops. Semi waste of 250k - Although since i dont play with anyone else anyway, i like having my own corp/guild/clan in most games, so i woulda done it eventually. 50k a week is a bit much for now, when i can move everything i need every day or two for only 4k at a time with a field container. Except bots of course, though i dont see getting any of them by accident. =P

Dat's what i get for being impatient and not waiting for an answer about the corporate storage.

Last edited by Shadamehr (2010-08-28 07:41:44)

Gambit wrote:

go to attalica, kill nimqual drones

they die fast and quick

each standard light em gun sells for 30k each,

I just killed about 20 of them and got not a single EM gun.

It can be kinda streaky, ive had periods where i didnt get much of anything from them then went to the other area with them and got plenty of stuff to fill up my hold quick.

Best bet is to do the police mission #2, destroy and recover. It sends you to all 3 areas with the Nuimqol Drones.

Guide is a bit outdated. I did what styx suggested last night, only to find a tutorial mission actually rewarded with 2 stnd light autocannons. Could have saved the cash I transferred from alts. also farming ammo at the start is obnoxious. I assume you guys recommend just suiciding arkhes to stockpile ammo? (haven't tried yet)