Topic: Heavy mechs for trade.

M2S is now willing to trade all heavy mechs for equivalent value in mech kernels.

I know very very few players/corps will be able to do this, but I'll put it out there anyway, just in case someone really wants one.

Heavy mechs are valued at 40-50mil NIC. We will trade them for equivalent value in mech kernels, by their "NPC buy order" value.

It doesn't matter what kind of mech kernel, and heavy mech kernels will also do.

Again, I know 99% of you can't manage this, but the offer is on the table.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

the npc buy order for the mesmer is just over 4.3mil, am i to get it right that this amount in mech kernels will sequer me one of them?

if so you got your self a deal,tho it will take a bit of hoarding

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Gambit wrote:

the npc buy order for the mesmer is just over 4.3mil, am i to get it right that this amount in mech kernels will sequer me one of them?

if so you got your self a deal,tho it will take a bit of hoarding


Haha lol

No.

Heavy Mechs are priced at 50m. So you need to bring the equivalent value of 50m NIC worth in Kernels at the NPC prices.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Uh, yeah. It's 50mil. The npc buy order has nothing to do with the value I'm afraid. If you'd made one yourself, you'd see why they are worth 50mil.

PS: I've talked it over with the other council members, we'll accept all sizes of kernels as payment, and we'll give a 1.5x modifier to the value of mech and above sized kernels. (Meaning multiply mech and above by 1.5x the listed npc value.)

Last edited by Blackomen (2010-04-27 22:18:59)

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

looking at the numbers, 50 mil is 2/3 the cost to prototype one, and around 8-10 times the cost of making one, take 33% off if i supplied just mech kernels and - around 18mil, still 32mil, a bit steep for my liking, i fancy using the kernels myself.

i'd pay 20mil with even NPC prices for one, any more and i fancy my own chances. considering i have the minerials to build 10 out right, the cost to prototype one will just set me back the kernels.....even 20 would cost just under 600 1st star mechs,

in short your prices are just too high

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

I'll give you the calculations, but honestly don't feel like doing them all out again. But assure you, your math is so far off it's not funny.

The cost to prototype a heavy mech is around an estimated 400-500mil NIC by my recollection.

Honestly since all ore/decoders/and production costs are based on the players, there is no "perfect" calculation. But based on past and present values of the materials needed, I believe my figures are quite accurate.

Finnaly, as I said, most players don't have the skill/time/numbers needed to aquire these, this offer is for those that can, and want heavy mechs.

Edit: I also call bs on your claim to being able to build 10 of them. But if you can, why are you here? Shouldn't you be building them and selling them for 10-20mil like you claim? Could quickly put us out of business right? lol

Last edited by Blackomen (2010-04-27 23:59:52)

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

i base all my mineral costs agenst the npc buy orders, because if if the costs of the minerals are higher then the profit, I should just sell to the npc's

I base my minerial calcuations agenst the basic minerials needed in the for production as stated in the mech discription with +50% due to an inefficiancy loss, based on my decoder levels and my previous experiance producing, its just simple numbers

Last edited by Gambit (2010-04-28 00:35:16)

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Some Numbers;

-Assuming a refining waste of 20%
-Material requirements used are the base amount required.
-Mining statistics are based on a Riveler Heavy Mech with level 5 advanced robotics and level 5 in every associated mining skill that gives a bonus to yield and cycle time. The Riveler has 5 standard mining lasers and 4 standard tunings and is running all the time, so the stats don't account for switching tiles or reloading (someone will have to haul for the riveler but I will show that later).
-Mineral prices are calculated from the PvP island buy orders (Highest in-game).
-Assuming no skills in prototyping ME waste reduction (overall any extensions in the relevant  skills wouldn't have any significant impact on the cost).

-----------------------------------------------------

Hours taken to mine the materials required to Prototype: 110.
Hours taken to mine the materials required to Mass Produce 10 Combat Heavy Mechs: 70
Total: 180
Cost in Minerals to Prototype: 72,982,500
Cost in Minerals to Mass Produce 10: 48,655,000
Manufacturing costs (cost to start the process): 8,700,000
Decoder & Fragments Cost to produce 10: 5,000,000
Total Cost: 135,337,500
Selling Price: 50,000,000
Gross Profit: 500,000,000
Net Profit: 364,662,500
Gross Profit Per Hour: 2,025,903 (With 0% refining waste this changes to 2.4m)
Net Profit Per Hour (Gross divided by 2 to account for someone hauling): 1,012,95 (With 0% refining waste this changes to 1.2m)

Last edited by Styx (2010-04-29 02:10:13)

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

those numbers make 100% sense to me, thanks for the effort

the way i was looking at is was, cost in minerals to prototype is 72mil, and your selling at 50mil, for someone who has the minerials and decoders already you can see why i see that would be a steep price. and it essentially costs 63mil to make 10 mechs

also im not playing the time game, im in no rush, i just look at % and it seems even after prototyping (which im sure you wont have to do for a long time) your still at somewhere near 55% profit

i know currently you have the market cornered because only a few people can produce them and have the kernels, but thats just more incentive to make them myself

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Gambit wrote:

those numbers make 100% sense to me, thanks for the effort

the way i was looking at is was, cost in minerals to prototype is 72mil, and your selling at 50mil, for someone who has the minerials and decoders already you can see why i see that would be a steep price. and it essentially costs 63mil to make 10 mechs

also im not playing the time game, im in no rush, i just look at % and it seems even after prototyping (which im sure you wont have to do for a long time) your still at somewhere near 55% profit

i know currently you have the market cornered because only a few people can produce them and have the kernels, but thats just more incentive to make them myself

The actual base cost for a heavy is fairly low, I'd definitely agree with that. However in my opinion it comes down to the time involved to produce them and gather the necessary resources since the mineral market is dead at the moment. So essentially if you make more than 1m an hour in any other activity you are better off buying them from someone else at 50m NIC or lower.

And yes, standalone profit is significant however when comparing that with the time taken to produce them, it's actually fairly low.

Last edited by Styx (2010-04-28 11:48:35)

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

hmm, that calculation there makes sense - but i cant stand the "20% refining wastage"...

Refining 6 + Refinery II = 0% wastage -> that makes allot resources if you are refining alligor.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Bunkerkind Anni wrote:

hmm, that calculation there makes sense - but i cant stand the "20% refining wastage"...

Refining 6 + Refinery II = 0% wastage -> that makes allot resources if you are refining alligor.


tbh i agree with the wastage of 20%, not everyone has access to a II refinary or skills to 6,
and including factory imperfections in the actual construction....i feel its a good middle of the road assessment.

yes , certin people can do better and i have come to realise that it might be better for me to produce them myself, but i am speced in industry and have a corp of people mining for me.

in all fairness M2S is selling them to a target market, people in mechs who spend their time ratting have the cash/kernels but not the resources /skill.

and to a player like that with little industrial support, it is a reasonable deal. I apoligise if i was de-railing this thread , i feel i may have in turn been discussing how much i would feel happy charging for something i don't even produce.


on a realistic and serious note , would their be a discount for someone who could supply the resources?- for how ever many you produce at a time + maybe 50%....the 50% extra minerials would be better profit then Nic i assume

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Gambit wrote:

tbh i agree with the wastage of 20%, not everyone has access to a II refinary or skills to 6,
and including factory imperfections in the actual construction....i feel its a good middle of the road assessment.

actually, i argued against those 20% BECAUSE a Rank II Refinery is accessable for everyone AND refining 6 is a relative cheap extension rank, and its a basic extension for every miner anyway...

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Gambit wrote:

on a realistic and serious note , would their be a discount for someone who could supply the resources?- for how ever many you produce at a time + maybe 50%....the 50% extra minerials would be better profit then Nic i assume

We've already got them built so we won't be needing any additional resources. We've got commodities coming out the wazoo anyway.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Bunkerkind Anni wrote:

hmm, that calculation there makes sense - but i cant stand the "20% refining wastage"...

Refining 6 + Refinery II = 0% wastage -> that makes allot resources if you are refining alligor.

Accounting for this all figures stay the same apart from gross & net profit per hour which alter to 2.4m & 1.2m respectively.

I've edited my previous post, adding in the extra figures.

Last edited by Styx (2010-04-29 02:10:43)

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

would you accept decoders in part payment, if so what prices ?

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Gambit wrote:

would you accept decoders in part payment, if so what prices ?

We talked it over, and yes we'd accept level 7 and above decoders as partial payment. As for the amount we value them at... still deciding.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Bump.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Styx wrote:

Bump.

there are all of 3 threads in the selling items section. i can count them on less than one hand's worth of fingers. bump? seriously?

...also, free bump

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Prophet wrote:
Styx wrote:

Bump.

there are all of 3 threads in the selling items section. i can count them on less than one hand's worth of fingers. bump? seriously?

...also, free bump

It appears on the "New Posts" section. wink

Thanks for the bump.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

gambit is communist hmm

Offensive signature. - DEV Zoom

Rawr, fear my signature.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Siddy wrote:

gambit is communist hmm

"..is A communist"

[img]http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/036/290/original/grammarnaziinvalidargument.jpg?1263803196[/img]

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Saying "someone is communist" and "someone is a communist" are both valid grammatical constructs, which carry different meanings.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

No. You're wrong.

Re: Heavy mechs for trade.

Scarba wrote:

No, you're wrong.

Fixed that for you, "grammar nazi".

Back on topic we're still selling mechs

Last edited by Nefaroth (2010-06-08 20:34:39)