Topic: new missions system

Hello, i know the new mission system is not yet in our hands, but what did i see in the blog get's me a little worried.

The problem is that only noob players will be protected during their missions and if you are a little bit higher, your missions will lead you out of the protection of towers. That means that even if you want to play pve, you will be still playing pvp. From that comes out too that, you will not want to go to a dangerous mission with your group, because you will be very vulnerable at it.. and i think that an easy missions will not be too much fun to play..

In this game i could imagine much nicer mission experience like attacking enemy base on some distant place, where 20 robots would have to play to do it, but it is not possible if you still have pvp threats. The problem is that only solution that i can think of is teleporting to some different island.. and that does not fit the world of perpetuum right now(as the teleports are already there). Anyone any ideas?

Re: new missions system

well

if the money is worth it, i dont mind going to PVP plase.

Its all abaut the Risk vs Reward.

No risk, small reward.

Big risk, big enought reward to justify it.

Offensive signature. - DEV Zoom

Rawr, fear my signature.

Yeah, but if you go to a mission witch is hard, there is big risk because of the mission, but if you count in the pvp, it will not be big risk, but weeeeery big risk, as you are fighting in a wery hard mission and then equally big group of players goes there and you are already in half armor, you have no chance... then players will play only mission where they can do it "no problem" and if the pvp group goes by, they can handle. Btw. there will be much more players in final game per island so i think it is wery probable...

I would like to see hard mission with high risk(but only because it is hard mission). Look at wow raids.. (i did not play it only talked with a friend) you must try it a few times until you get it right. i don't suggest raids in here, maibe smth. like eve missions in deathspace.. (generated in random position in space, where only you get the coordinates)

like i sed, how much money it is going to pay will determine if people will do them or no.

Missions that goes to PVP area will made by same PVPers that kill your ass if you do them.

Thats they way of saying "frack you HAHAHA" and "get a group".

If you are thinking missions as EVE lvl 4 in hig seck - get the frack out, now!

And if this game gets missions instances/deadspace, i ashure you, it will shave off the actual game content away. WoW hase a multimiliard corp behind it to make a PVE content, while it is much beter and cheeper to let players make content for themselfs.

Trow in a big carrot in middle of PVP area and watch kids fight over it.

Last edited by Siddy (2010-01-27 12:56:28)

Rawr, fear my signature.

AFAIK "Raids" are planned, if you call them so...

but first, the basic mission system should work, then the complex ones need to be thought off wink

Siddy wrote:

like i sed, how much money it is going to pay will determine if people will do them or no.

Missions that goes to PVP area will made by same PVPers that kill your ass if you do them.

Thats they way of saying "frack you HAHAHA" and "get a group".

If you are thinking missions as EVE lvl 4 in hig seck - get the frack out, now!

If mission needs a group of 20 ppls. to complete, if you have pvp threat you will not go there with less then 40 ppls. so the mission is then easy for you... or you will go there with 20 ppls group and you can get killed by much smaller group of ppls with *** mechs because you are making hard mission (so "get a group" ???, ok, you can do that if the reward is really high, but i don't think there will be that big reward.. it would be too much income if you get there with the big group)... no one will be doing hard missions until they are easy... the same as now with NPC spawns..

If we look at the eve, i am thinking more about the low sec exploration missions, where you get deadspace position and need big groups of ppls to go through, and if someone else wants to hunt you, he must find you and scan you down and you will see him coming from big distance and have time to prepare for him..

Last edited by Asruf (2010-01-27 13:51:42)

So... harder missions should be easier? Your logic defies me:/

As you move away from each starter isle, it gets much harder to travel/rat/mine safely... Much like eve's low/nosec system.

Besides don't cry about somethin that hasn't even been implemented....

He is just affraid that missons will be like low-sec missons in EVE.
Few to no ppl run those because of the risk vs reward is not quite balanced and seems to be a hard nut to crack that ccp is trying for years now.

EVE has the option of alternative easy income source.

If Perp will not have one, it will eventualy band together for comon profit.

Rawr, fear my signature.

Another thing to remember: we're just seeing a subset of the live game world. These 6 islands might not even exist in live (or be severely spread apart). There could be islands that are completely under protection, ones under fractional protection (as the starter islands are now) and ones under minimal protection (the outer 'PvP' islands).

Fumen wrote:

Another thing to remember: we're just seeing a subset of the live game world. These 6 islands might not even exist in live (or be severely spread apart). There could be islands that are completely under protection, ones under fractional protection (as the starter islands are now) and ones under minimal protection (the outer 'PvP' islands).

And hopefully some with zero protection.

i really hope you dont expect too much from the first mission-patch

those are "just" ~80 hardcoded missions, sending noobs around the map, which means, if multiple player doing the same bounty-mission, they will have to farm the same spawns.
(problem: spawn-camper)

I heard that spawn-timer and number depends on overall players around it (same island).

Bunkerkind Anni wrote:

i really hope you dont expect too much from the first mission-patch

those are "just" ~80 hardcoded missions, sending noobs around the map, which means, if multiple player doing the same bounty-mission, they will have to farm the same spawns.
(problem: spawn-camper)

I heard that spawn-timer and number depends on overall players around it (same island).

Good point, we are testing the over all mission arc. And hats off to the Dev's for thinking about population relates to the spawning. -V