Topic: The "BIG THREAD" of currently known bugs.

This is a compilation of many (Not all) of the current bugs, plaguing the current perpetuum beta. THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO REPORT BUGS! It is simply a place for players to see if a major bug has already been reported, and what some of the major bugs are currently without having to dig through three+ pages of threads. I hope it helps.

1. Currently there is a major bot cargo bug, causing a bot to slowly fill up despite having nowhere near it's max cargo. There is a theory it's due to undocking with cargo, and that cargo continuing to take up space even if removed.

2. Weapons and mining lasers, are often getting stuck reloading. And the only fix is to dock/relog/or use the unload charges option.

Last edited by Blackomen (2010-01-18 06:44:40)

Re: The "BIG THREAD" of currently known bugs.

nominates black to keep updated list
an motions for sticky smile

#5 for kin, is even behaving waky with named plates:
-- 1st cycle to activate costing 2x energy
-- passive shows up and active appears to be correct
-- continues to run active if armor rep is not and accumulator is empty, while being drained and all weaps draining core.
<<Pelistec-Counterpress I-230 Kinetic Armor>>

#7 can confirm smalls & meds
--Number of first cycle is identical <23.80> for small and even remote armor rep then they go to according number <with skill calculations>

Thanks Blackomen, very useful smile

However I don't want this thread to be another mixed bag of bugs which we are unable to keep track of, so everyone, please do not post newly found bugs in here. It's much easier for us if each individual bug has it's own thread.

However it's up to Blackomen whether he wants this to be a place for "Important known bugs players should be aware of", in which case I will happily apply sticky to it.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -- Bill Cosby

it would be nice to have a quick place to check for known bugs

Sticky it and lock it. I like the idea, but then I read it all, anyway, till it devolves into bickering. (It works for now because the pots are small. You'd have to pay me to do that later big_smile)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Thanks Blackomen, very useful smile

However I don't want this thread to be another mixed bag of bugs which we are unable to keep track of, so everyone, please do not post newly found bugs in here. It's much easier for us if each individual bug has it's own thread.

However it's up to Blackomen whether he wants this to be a place for "Important known bugs players should be aware of", in which case I will happily apply sticky to it.

Hmm... Ok how about I just make this a list of known bugs atm? I'll just update it with bugs that I can test myself. and as ecma stated, it would be nice to have a place to check for current major bugs. I'll try to stick to just ones I consider above trivial.

Thermal plate works, that I know for sure. For others I would say they work correctly too - at least their displayed values, for applied affect I would need to do more testing but I think they are working.

you shoudnt replace bug description with "fixed" (even once its fixed)

i cant remember what were those bugs that you now show as fixed

this lower the utility of your effort wink

Um, about your 4th point. You're right, but you're wrong lol

It's actually the other way around. Seismic weapons do kinetic damage. The same goes for the plates to some extent. The ammos aren't doing the right damage types, hence it appears as if they aren't working.

Just saying...

Maynard Benaui wrote:

Thermal plate works, that I know for sure. For others I would say they work correctly too - at least their displayed values, for applied affect I would need to do more testing but I think they are working.

Think a bit more, some people have been testing them with damage values and they don't seem to be working.

it has already been stated by the devs, not the armors are broken... the ammo is.
so stop that here wink

Aye, forgot about my thread here. Updated. It hadn't been updated for a bit, and so yes some of it was outdated/wrong.

Last edited by Blackomen (2010-01-17 07:17:50)

Instead of showing:
#. Fixed

Show what bug was or don't show it at all does not really help a lot to read fixed rainbow and not knowing what ever it could have been wink

Felicia wrote:

Instead of showing:
#. Fixed

Show what bug was or don't show it at all does not really help a lot to read fixed rainbow and not knowing what ever it could have been wink

I knew someone would complain about that. Reason I'm leaving it like that is so I don't have to redo the color tags again. I'll just leave them blank.

I think i found something new about the reload-jam bug. Its my weapons are always jamming when i press reload while they are cooling down (blinking blue-grey icons) but never if they are ready (simply grey icons).

Hope it was helpfull in any way^^

hmm,
1. is mostly fixed and happens only in rare situations anymore. And if it happens, a simple manual refresh of the cargo is fixing it.

2. not only related to mining laser...

ist this topic still worthy to be sticked? i dont see it beeing updated with known bugs anyway....