1

(5 replies, posted in Agents seeking corporations)

Ah, wow, should have checked this back a bit more. No, you should be able to go ahead and fill out the second part of the process. It will auto send the form for you in which at that point we will verify you, etc. If it does not work, then let me know, but you should be able to send an application while in the moderated status.

As far as TS3, yes we will be expecting members to use it while playing. It helps with the community aspect, and will help greatly for group activities. Do not worry though, it is easy to sue and you will find that it is quite awesome. Do not even think of TS2 when you think about it, as their is no comparison, lol.

2

(5 replies, posted in Agents seeking corporations)

Hello Gloryhole, and welcome to Perpetuum.

I know of your multi-gaming Oceanic clan Harlequin, played with and against them in DF. In any case.

I want to extend the possibility of you joining Deus Ex Mechanus, which is now the Perpetuum Chapter of Transcendence Gaming (Also a multi-gaming community). We have been involved or are involved in many of the games you mentioned as well as others. In any case, Deus Ex Mechanus is both a economic/crafting corporation as well as a PvP corp (which is being worked on to bring a stronger force).

We offer full forums and TS3 for communications. We have members who have gained a strong grasp of how the economics/crafting system works in-game, and would be willing to help teach you and show you different aspects, as well as guide you in a more understandable path for your extensions.

If you are interested then head on over to http://www.transcendencegaming.org. Go to our forums and create a forum account. Then follow the link that is listed in the official section titled "Apply Now To Train Transcendence Gaming" and fill out a Perpetuum Online application located under the Game Membership Applications. It is a simple form, and it will get the ball rolling for you.

If you decide not to join us then hope to see you continue in this game as the game needs all the dedicated and quality players it can get.

The fact is, the plant life is larger on the planet. It is not earth. It is not to our typical scales.

This thread is officially ended. I welcome DXM as the new head of the Perpetuum Chapter of Transcendence Gaming.

Update:

We are still in the process of looking for a corporation to run and maintain the Perpetuum Chapter of Transcendence Gaming.

We will be closing this opportunity down soon if no one decided and begin the process to build ourselves. If you are still interested, please contact me a.s.a.p. with information or more time to speak to your corporation.

Quotidian Grind wrote:

yes, put player collision.  then m2s can surround/wall off every access to their island with robots and prevent anyone from ever coming to their house

I think that would achieve the opposite of what they want.

7

(35 replies, posted in Feature discussion and requests)

Barnabus wrote:

I apologize if my tone was offensive I didn't mean to offend. I'm simply vehement about this, it's just that things like this often get swept under the rug and I really don't want that to happen.

These devs listen quite a bit and implement things when they can, they implemented my suggestion of mapping of the speed keys shortly after they looked at it.

On the other hand, changing the UI to be scalable etc, is a bigger task, as their is a lot to it, and at this point they are going to make some text areas larger, which is a good first step.

I do agree that in the end, they need to work on making the whole UI scalable, but I do understand that it is not top priority at the moment either. They have a time line of their own, and they need to get that stuff completed first.

Hmm, Admiral Mathew, my post was not suppose to quote you, it was suppose to quote the GM, lol.

9

(35 replies, posted in Feature discussion and requests)

Barnabus wrote:

This is sounding very familiar, and I won't swallow it this time.  We suffered through the same answer in stEve for years.

I can't accept this for a final solution to the problem.  Thouands of other game titles are designed in such a way that I don't have to squint to read text, and if you haven't designed in that way then it's back to the drawing board.  It's a bad design. Fix it.  Enough of us hate it, Please FIX IT!

There are people with vision impairments that aren't blind that make this a serious issue for them.  Can we just please look at it again?  Maybe it's worth it to write the code for full UI customization? If that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

This change HAS to happen. This problem will not go away and people like us will not be silent.

THE FONT MUST CHANGE.

Dude, settle down. Did you read his post? He said the only thing he can promise at this time. He never said final solution. The UI though is not what their current heavy concern is on, even if you think it should be. They are working on advancing purpose into the game with the PvP. Otherwise larger text will not matter once people get bored.

So take a second, relax, count to 10 and watch. He never said it was a final answer.

thanto wrote:

My point, Anni, was that if we were to have modules that give 2000m sensor ranges, shared targeting/radar info, etc., what is the compelling reason to get a bot just to use those crazy powerful modules, when you could use them on bots that can also kill stuff?  I understand that specialized bots would get bonuses, but would that be a compelling reason to give up killing power?


So far, we only have maybe a few ideas for modules.  I don't think that's sufficient for an entire loadout.  We'd need more support modules, like remote damage/range/RoF modifiers, or something like that.

I agree we need many more module ideas. That is one reason I posted it here. In addition that 2000m thing, could be related to an extension as well perhaps, or could be part of the bot bonus itself, and your bot control effects its increasing range.

You would have to fiddly around the the modules and their effectiveness combined with the bots bonuses and the extensions.

Somehow I do not see this coming in at release, but in the long run, we gotta give a stronger reason to take these command/leadership related extensions and I think something that allows them to utilize them more would help with that.

Currently, their lacks a use to focusing on a main account in the political realm side of things in the game, or I should say command or leadership roles. I did not really like this as you sacrifice your EP for extensions to work with setting up your corporation, but it makes you ineffective in other areas.

Therefore, I am making an attempt to introduce a possible new bot specialization type. I have no names or styles, or anything, but hear me out.

Command Bot: This bot/mech/whatever specializes in central command.

Key Features of These bots and the modules they can use or those with EP in these areas can use:

Extended Radar: Radar extends to 2000 meters.

Advanced Radar: Wen activated an advanced radar is brought up on screen.
--Advanced Radar allows you to see more of the battle in a clearer scope
--Commanders Can Draw on the advanced radar and all in their squad will see what they draw on their own radars (For formations, or expected attacks, and tactic points).
--Advanced Radar gives more status information on the battle and effects on their squad members

Support Drones: These little drone bots are controllable by a commander and are small bots. They fulfill different aspects, but are quite weak and can be destroyed easily.
--Ammo Supplier Drone (Resupply your squad by sending this drone into the field with supplies)
--Remote Repair Drones (Send this drone for some quick remote repairs)
--Other drone ideas?

--------

This is just what I came up with so far, however, the idea behind this was to give more purpose to a command like set-up for corporations. This implements further strategy and a system where a commander in squads or commanders in corporations will be useful, and gives more diversification to the player attributes that players will want to pick up.

Furthermore, these bots are largely on the outskirts of the battle. They are not heavily hands on, other than their drones. They are weaker bots in general though, but very sophisticated in communications, and command ability. Activating the advanced radar would cause them to have to stop and be planted in place while the advanced radar is up on their screen, obstructing their view to their immediate surroundings, but it allows for a larger scope of the battlefield.

There is probably so much more here that could be looked at, or possibly others have better ideas, but I thought this to just be an interesting idea to further diversify the player base styles, give more purpose to some of the paths, and introduce more tactical options in combat.

Added in two sections to the top:

Additional Info:

Transcendence Gaming currently has 7 people involved in Perpetuum:

Aqualis
Zore
Giggidy
Xelium
Roskoe
Paxamator (Pax)
Church

Essentially, these 7 people and anyone else interested in the community would go through your recruitment process to work under you.

Clarification: We in no way plan to control your every move. We provide you the resources and you have total control over the Perpetuum chapter of the community. If it fails it fails, if it succeeds, it succeeds because of you. We do not make the decisions, you do. We provide you with what you want. We do these because we want to help build a stronger community.

Gambit wrote:

just to be clear, i talked with Aqualis,
essentially hes looking for someone to fly his clans flag for metagame support, forums vent /ts all that lark, and probily a decent amount of players will be inbound to,

my reply was no, but i think it is a decent offer,
i just felt a bit "this is sparta" about the whole offer, i neal befor no king :-P

good luck guys, they seem like a decent bunch

Haha, I guess you can view it as that.

It is a gaming community though. The leader takes ownership of the corporation, runs it how they need to run it. We provide the forums, the ts3, and tool support they need. Also allows for players of other games to see the game and apply if they are interested.

I will state, that it is not a kneel before the king type of thing. We want the leaders to know that it is their corporation, not ours. As such the admins do not mandate for them to do this or that in the game, or to create this and that rules.

We provide a stream line application process that they still control what is asked in the application and then they go with it from there. Heck, those of us currently in the community would not even demand any rank/position. We would, including myself, essentially be joining the corp as a new player. (Other than the fact as an Admin, I see all the other forums sections, but keep my fingers out of them).

thanto wrote:

Would an established corp work, or are you looking for people to establish a new corp?

Established Corps are perfectly fine.

TRANSCENDENCE GAMING

This may come to some of you as an unusual forum post, but you may find yourself interested.

Transcendence Gaming is an online gaming community created and ran by gamers. That should be obvious, however, the purpose of the community was to create an experience where our members could go from one game to the next without ever having to go out and find a new guild.

It is hard to find a guild that works for you, that you and the members can sync, and that is mature and organized with the proper forum/VoIP support. We felt this was an issue and an annoyance that we have experienced through out most of our gaming careers. So we took on the project over a year ago to create an established gaming community.

To this day we have put forth much personal time and resources into creating this community and have begun to finally expand. While we only strongly support a select number of games, we have decided that Perpetuum should be one of them.

As an admin, I enjoy this game, as do many other members of our community. However, I do not have the time to begin building a corporation in this game while maintaining other games and a full community.

Therefore, I have come onto these forums in the search of someone, or even an already established in-game group that needs that little extra push to continue their goals. We are looking for leadership and potential.

Transcendence Gaming provides:

-Website Support
-Full Forum Support
-TeamSpeak 3 Support
-Application Form Support
-Member Support
-Game Leader Control (You control how your corporation plays, not the admins of the community)

If you are interested be sure to check us out at http://www.transcendencegaming.org and give us a shout. PM Supreme or Aqualis on the forums for more information, or leave a message here and a form of contact and I will get a hold of you.

Additional Info:

Transcendence Gaming currently has 7 people involved in Perpetuum:

Aqualis
Zore
Giggidy
Xelium
Roskoe
Paxamator (Pax)
Church

Essentially, these 7 people and anyone else interested in the community would go through your recruitment process to work under you.

Clarification: We in no way plan to control your every move. We provide you the resources and you have total control over the Perpetuum chapter of the community. If it fails it fails, if it succeeds, it succeeds because of you. We do not make the decisions, you do. We provide you with what you want. We do these because we want to help build a stronger community.

UPDATE: Deus Ex Mechanus is now heading the Perpetuum Chapter of Transcendence Gaming. This thread is officially ended.

Siddy wrote:

Activating ANY hostile module. That you can only activate under PVP flag in safe islands, for example.

EWAR
Demobs
Drainers/neuts
Wepons

Shuld result in PVP flag timer, the timer resets when the hostile action is stopped.

This means that if you log off but you are demobbed, you wont disapear untill the demob is turned off, and you waited for X minutes. This mean that as long you are being agressed, you wont disapear. This also means that if you insta log off but are agressed in the 60 seconds time period, you will get flag <-- THIS IS CRUCIAL

Now, if you want to know why? I can explain it to you, but i hope your brains go enouhght processing poweres to realise the problems that will follow if you dont do it this way.
We had this logofski problem in stEVE for YEARS, At first it was abused by russians and chinees farmers. Then prettymuch EVERYONE startted abusing it.
It went to the point te game was unplayable, and that pressure made the CCP to change many things abaut how the agro works.

In current EVE, the old system that caused commotoion, whuld be unthinkable when you have ships that range in 10 milion HP scales.

Just a little heads up for devs.

Same thing I said above. Except you went ahead and put an X timer and only focused on the first part. But yes, agreed. The log out issue is always an issue in PvP games, and a pain in the ass. Darkfall had it, and so does Mortal Online. If the person D/C well, they should be *** out of luck, because it happens much less frequently than someone who likes to exploit. (Get a better connection if you get constant D/C!)

Galdor wrote:

? It still means it is a timed mission whether it has a countdown clock or not, it still ends within the elapsed time.

I think what he is saying is that it would be more of a code change to add this feature right now since he believe that the game simply goes, what is +2 from now in the hour spot and then set's that as the end of the mission timer.

This system would not really recognize it as time really, and would make it harder to transpose to a pausable (logout) timer.

Styx wrote:
Aqualis wrote:
Styx wrote:

Activating EWAR modules on someone does not force the 5 min pvp log out timer. Activating ANY hostile module on someone should force the timer.

If they do not retaliate they should not be forced into it or am I misunderstanding.

It just sounds like your saying that if they have no PvP flag on them atm, you can just shoot them and now they have no choice.

Though I kinda agree with this I have been shown the other side of things as well. As I do not like the never fight and run thing, so IDK.

Whut.

I'll explain the situation we had today. We're chasing a guy with an ewar bot and a Gropho. ewar bot catches the guy but he's decided to try his luck by logging off, I activate all my ewar modules on him but before the gropho gets there the guy disappears. Talk about BS. That guy should've stayed there for 5 minutes.

Ok, the current system as you should know is set-up to where if you yourself are not aggressive then you do not get a PvP flag. Otherwise it makes it easier for griefers to force someone into a PvP battle or be assholes and prevent them from entering a base here and there by shooting them every so often so that they can not enter.

Therefore, the mechanic worked as intended.

The downside, as you pointed out and I agree slightly on, is it ruins the PvP fun for those who agress, but their enemy always runs.

So instead I suggest a different approach.

If someone is aggressive to you, then you can not log out until 60 seconds after the last hit taken, even if you do not retaliate. However, if they can make it to a base or within a tower, they can still escape as long as their PvP flag has not activated.

This creates a two-tiered set-up. So if they do not act hostile, they can still make a run for protection from the Syndicate essentially or their corps base, however, people will not be able to abuse the system by logging out.

The PvP flag from being hostile will still act as it does now.

So we create I guess what you can call a two-tier flag system.

Non-Hostile PvP Flag which affects logging out
Hostile PvP Flag which affects logging out, towers, entering bases, etc.

20

(35 replies, posted in Feature discussion and requests)

Increased font is probably needed. Where EvE has held players for a couple years, their are more likely to have, dare I say, older gamers wanting to play Perpetuum.

Eyesight is known to get worse, especially when staring at screens for a long time. A hopeful way to increase the text size in some manner for people would be quire useful. I doubt it is a simple matter though, which adds more strain onto the developers.

Styx wrote:

Activating EWAR modules on someone does not force the 5 min pvp log out timer. Activating ANY hostile module on someone should force the timer.

If they do not retaliate they should not be forced into it or am I misunderstanding.

It just sounds like your saying that if they have no PvP flag on them atm, you can just shoot them and now they have no choice.

Though I kinda agree with this I have been shown the other side of things as well. As I do not like the never fight and run thing, so IDK.

Mirson1 wrote:

You are strange people, look at everything from a strange perspective. Insurance can be set that could not be Cheat  simple example -- "Eve Online." I played there for over 1.5 years and continue to play and in EvE online can not be cheat the insurance. In Perpetuum Insurance for the bot would be very helpful to young players. ALosses Bot, whose work several hours a disincentive to continue the game. It is easy to say the old players "can play in group" , but the young player will not be looking for a group, but will go to the battlefield to test its capabilities. Very annoying is to simplify the matter.

Except you are wrong, I believe it is in another thread or a conversation I had with a GM, but an insurance scam in that other game is very possible, which is the reason why they are looking at it.

23

(14 replies, posted in Feature discussion and requests)

GM Kami wrote:

dont mistake me there on 1.:

with autojoin i mean, that every new agent should be logged into help AND general chat automatically. not that you cant leave those channels, or join them everytime you log in, even if you have left them.

Yeah, I am just saying that if you do not want to auto-join general, you should not have to. Rather than it forcing you to auto-join then every time you have to go and leave it.

Ok, after today and yesterday, I decided I need to bump this.

Mission timers need to pause at log out. Sometimes you just have to take a break, and we should not encourage forced playing because of a mission, especially if in the future failing the mission will mean a penalty.

I lost my bot and items do to D/C as well. Now, the deal is that you should not be suffering D/C that often, but you can also not make a system as every game knows that causes you to be able to use a switch, or to plug pull to escape death.

Insurance is a tough area because it can be scammed essentially.

Perhaps more along the lines of the way D/C works in regards to being attacked by a player bot, or a NPC bot. Perhaps if it recognizes a NPC bot as the only bot to have attacked within x amount of time, then your character will log out x amount faster or receive x amount less damage when you have d/c or something.