Topic: Critical damage and missiles.

I've been wondering if critical damage affects missiles and not just turrets. And if not, why not? And if so, why is it only found in turrets extensions tree? Has anyone ever gotten a critical hit that has the critical hit skill trained?

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Critical damage affects only for turrets. And I think It's a good idea, because missles never miss after lock unlike turrets.

Last edited by SmackFTW (2010-01-03 04:17:47)

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

I have crit. trained but have not seen anything of notice, Ill chk my logs tho

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Missiles do not critical hit at all.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. -Socrates

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Thanks for checking Dehrios. Just wanted to be sure.

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Dehrios wrote:

Missiles do not critical hit at all.

Yes they do. I crit roughly once every 50-60 shots with one point in critical.

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

I can confirm that missiles do have a critical chance as well.
The extension for it is common for turrets and missiles.
Why is it in turrets category? Because if it were in missiles you would complain about that lol

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -- Bill Cosby

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I can confirm that missiles do have a critical chance as well.
The extension for it is common for turrets and missiles.
Why is it in turrets category? Because if it were in missiles you would complain about that lol

No I woul... Ok, yes I would. tongue

Thanks, now I have another combat skill to train for missiles. I was starting to run out. Any chance of more missile skills in the future? Like "Missile fuel management" +3-5% range per level? It's just that by launch I'll have every single related missile skill at max. (Or close to it.)

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

In short: missiles are as good as turrets but do not inherit their weakness, have some nice enchancements on top of it and having no cons or drawbacks currently.

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Maynard Benaui wrote:

In short: missiles are as good as turrets but do not inherit their weakness, have some nice enchancements on top of it and having no cons or drawbacks currently.

You've obviously never tested missiles thoroughly enough then because there are numerous drawbacks. Before you ask me to list them and you start off on a rant go test them a bit more yourself and you'll realise what they are. PvP is where they are most notable.

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Styx wrote:

You've obviously never tested missiles thoroughly enough then because there are numerous drawbacks. Before you ask me to list them and you start off on a rant go test them a bit more yourself and you'll realise what they are. PvP is where they are most notable.

Or you can just post the 'list of numerous drawbacks' without your usual mouhting.

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Maynard Benaui wrote:
Styx wrote:

You've obviously never tested missiles thoroughly enough then because there are numerous drawbacks. Before you ask me to list them and you start off on a rant go test them a bit more yourself and you'll realise what they are. PvP is where they are most notable.

Or you can just post the 'list of numerous drawbacks' without your usual mouhting.

The point I'm trying to make is that you're drawing all these conclusions before testing things thoroughly. Rather than me explaining something that you should have already figured out before you start to make your opinions known to everyone, go test them yourself. I wouldn't be bothered if you were missing some of the more complex things but you're missing really basic things that a few day old newbies know and they're not even trying to test thoroughly, it's just stuff they've learnt through playing and engaging in the various aspects of the game.

So yeah, please go test a bit more before drawing your conclusions, I think it would benefit your beta testing experience along with everyone else's.

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Styx wrote:

The point I'm trying to make is that you're drawing all these conclusions before testing things thoroughly. Rather than me explaining something that you should have already figured out before you start to make your opinions known to everyone, go test them yourself. I wouldn't be bothered if you were missing some of the more complex things but you're missing really basic things that a few day old newbies know and they're not even trying to test thoroughly, it's just stuff they've learnt through playing and engaging in the various aspects of the game.

So yeah, please go test a bit more before drawing your conclusions, I think it would benefit your beta testing experience along with everyone else's.

And some more mouthing...

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Maynard Benaui wrote:

And some more mouthing...

Not even an attempt to respond to my post in a logical and constructive manner. Can't even be civil. Excellent, I just hope we don't get to many more of these 'Maynards'. I think I'm even starting to go off Wine Gums now.

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Styx wrote:

Not even an attempt to respond to my post in a logical and constructive manner. Can't even be civil. Excellent, I just hope we don't get to many more of these 'Maynards'. I think I'm even starting to go off Wine Gums now.

Doh, even more mouthing, he's unstoppable...

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

Maynard Benaui wrote:
Styx wrote:

Not even an attempt to respond to my post in a logical and constructive manner. Can't even be civil. Excellent, I just hope we don't get to many more of these 'Maynards'. I think I'm even starting to go off Wine Gums now.

Doh, even more mouthing, he's unstoppable...

He's giving you intelligent advice, and your attempting to flame him. Missiles do indeed have massive drawbacks, he's suggesting that you try them yourself so you have a better understanding of how they work. Then you can better debate them with the rest of us that have used them.

Re: Critical damage and missiles.

...you kids be good now... smile

These are not the drunks you are looking for.