Topic: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

I've been hosting TS3 servers for stEVE corps for almost 1 year now.
Are we allowed to do it here in Perpentuum?

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

Idk, but if you send me a pizza I'll give you 10mil NIC.

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

Neoxx wrote:

Idk, but if you send me a pizza I'll give you 10mil NIC.

I have few 1 week old pieces left. Want some? tongue

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

Pop them in the mail.  I'll give you this medium armor plate thats at 75% damage.

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

WTB dev response regarding this.

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

Official Answer: "Not yet decided"

“The truth is balance. However the opposite of truth, which is unbalance, may not be a lie.”
(Susan Sontag)
Forum Moderator

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

Yu bai NIC! Yu bai NIC nao! Super famrey spesial!

But seriously. I did love trading ISK in eve for delivered pizza. Grind some faction loot for an hour, get a free dinner. Fantastic system.

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

I'm cornering the pimp game in Perpetuum. Vorgrim Scout Enterpise is going international, baby!

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

E-corp would have done it already, but beta nic isnt really worth much, and only a handful of real corps sprung up in open beta.....politics were too unstable in CB.

the devs want the game to grow, and in turn need the community to grow, this would help the community, so i would assume its ok.

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

Gambit wrote:

E-corp would have done it already, but beta nic isnt really worth much, and only a handful of real corps sprung up in open beta.....politics were too unstable in CB.

the devs want the game to grow, and in turn need the community to grow, this would help the community, so i would assume its ok.

The community would also grow if someone released a hack to be able to login and play on the server for free.

Should this be allowed as well?

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

Neoxx wrote:

The community would also grow if someone released a hack to be able to login and play on the server for free.

Should this be allowed as well?


No.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. -Socrates

Re: Are we allowed to rent out TS3/vent servers for ingame currency?

Neoxx wrote:
Gambit wrote:

E-corp would have done it already, but beta nic isnt really worth much, and only a handful of real corps sprung up in open beta.....politics were too unstable in CB.

the devs want the game to grow, and in turn need the community to grow, this would help the community, so i would assume its ok.

The community would also grow if someone released a hack to be able to login and play on the server for free.

Should this be allowed as well?

tbh i dont think it would, ob and cb were free, yet the community grows larger closer to release.

games like gta4 were killed because of ease to hack,and generally people who hack are more inlcined to know how to cheat, if they are not paying they have more to lose, and thus are more inclined to cheat, which unbalances the game and puts people off.

so i disagree