Topic: More slots on the robots

Hey lads, since there is an big lack of robots it would be nice to have some more slots on them., just to have some option to trix with some setups  and make the game much more fun. cuse if i for example choose to focos on missiles, i have 1 robot of each robot type to use. if i had the skills, wich i wont have for some mounth.. so?  stay in 1-2 robots in 2 mounth of play with almost no slots and only grind drones?? that doesent sound to cool for me.

sorry for my bad english! big_smile

Re: More slots on the robots

Right now you are really forced to specialise. More slots would encourage hybrids, and while I really enjoy hybrid builds myself, I think it wouldn't be so good in Perpetuum.

First of all, it would encourage more solo play instead of grouping up.

Second, it would make veteran builds more powerful because they would have the EP to make a really powerful hybrid, which a newbie would lack.

There are a lot of other things you could do to enjoy the game in the first two months to take a break from drone farming. But you think the current options aren't enough, what else do you want to do that isn't running missions, trading, or industry?

And just look at this fail beta.  What the *** is a beta that doesn't crash?  The Npc's don't warp, characters don't get stuck in terrain, graphics don't glitch. I mean sersiously!  What are the Dev's smoking?  Another fail from the fail devs. Original post by Hadouken

Re: More slots on the robots

Campana wrote:

Right now you are really forced to specialise. More slots would encourage hybrids, and while I really enjoy hybrid builds myself, I think it wouldn't be so good in Perpetuum.

First of all, it would encourage more solo play instead of grouping up.

Second, it would make veteran builds more powerful because they would have the EP to make a really powerful hybrid, which a newbie would lack.

There are a lot of other things you could do to enjoy the game in the first two months to take a break from drone farming. But you think the current options aren't enough, what else do you want to do that isn't running missions, trading, or industry?

well i have spent 6 years of pirating in eve, but i cant see that future in perpetuum, the game radar and lack of 'claok'' hw will i make an suprice attack?
The main reason why i simply want more slots is becouse now the most setups will look the same.. there is no room for experiment sad

Re: More slots on the robots

i agree there is just far to litel slots to play whit

i also dont like the idea of forcing ppl to group just to make some money even tho group effort shuld be rewarded  there is still gona be alot of ppl  whanting to make so money alone when no one else whants or can come

no money no pvp

Re: More slots on the robots

Brontes wrote:

i agree there is just far to litel slots to play whit

i also dont like the idea of forcing ppl to group just to make some money even tho group effort shuld be rewarded  there is still gona be alot of ppl  whanting to make so money alone when no one else whants or can come

no money no pvp

This game should be solo friendly to. and if there is almost no room for mixing setups on the robots then EVERY thing is going to be skill based,,the older player will have way overhand against the newer.. games like this should be 40% skills and 60% depending how you fit ur robot.
If not. people will get bored and game dies

Re: More slots on the robots

Mixing up your setup doesnt mean using multiple weapon types.  The bots and mechs are capable of fitting different types of weapons anyway (except for missiles I guess) so yo ucan switch between types if the situation allows.

Your real chance to "mix things up" is when choosing head slots and leg slots.  Do you go with damage tunings, sensor amps, ecms, supressors on your head slots, and armor plates, lightweight frame, resistance plates, accumulator expansions/rechargers/injectors in your leg slots?  Your weapons are what finishes the job, the your other choices can easily mean the difference of you getting that chance or not.

Mechs, and eventually destroyers, also have a much larger range of choices, as well.  They get more and more slots each time anyway, so I really dont see why you're suggesting more slots since you do get them.  Maybe you just havnt played far enough into the game yet.

A Gropho and Tyrannos can fit 2 turret slot guns on them if they so choose.  IF they are really hybrid built, they could even scrap 2 missiles for 2 lasers or something if they cant support all 6 primary weapons.  There are certainly ways to diversify your setups, and simply giving everyone capability of changing EVERY weapon to something else anytime they choose just isnt going to work in this game.


Oh yeah, and you can make a decent living going solo, as I've done it.  Certainly not as much as a corp or group could, but I could easily support myself as well as PvP if I felt like it.  I could afford to lose my sh*t trying to pew pew.  You just have to know how and where to do it correctly.

This game is much more than EP and extensions, yet hardly no one knows this until they get later into the game.  Its about your setups, tactics, organization, and so much more that you will never get exposed to if you want to play this solo and draw all of your conclusions at a very early stage.  I'm not against you playing solo, but dont judge the game as a whole because of it.

Last edited by Neoxx (2010-11-12 22:12:57)

Re: More slots on the robots

<- searching for the turret slots on gropho big_smile

but Neoxx is right - the bots already have enough slots to vary equipment.
whats the biggest bot you have looked at yet?

“The truth is balance. However the opposite of truth, which is unbalance, may not be a lie.”
(Susan Sontag)
Forum Moderator

Re: More slots on the robots

GM Kami wrote:

<- searching for the turret slots on gropho big_smile

but Neoxx is right - the bots already have enough slots to vary equipment.
whats the biggest bot you have looked at yet?

It doesnt?  My bad just havnt piloted them enough.  I guess I was confusing them with the misc slots.

At least, the Tyrannos does have the 2 turret slots for other weapon types.